Whenever you visit our website, we will collect some information from you automatically simply by you visiting and navigating through this site, and some voluntarily when you submit information using a form on the website, enroll in or subscribe to our newsletter or marketing communications, request information, or use any of the other interactive portions of our website. Through this website, we will collect information that can identify you and/or your activity.
Additionally, whenever you communicate, interact, or do business with us, whether online or at any of our sponsored events, physical locations or offices, or whether you are contracted to perform services for us or apply for a position of employment, we will be collecting personal information from you or about you in the course of our interaction or dealings with you.
Collection of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
Based on your specific transactions and interactions with us or our website, we will or may collect, and we have in the last 12 months collected, the following categories of personal information about you. For each category of information, the categories of third parties and service providers to whom we have disclosed the information in the last 12 months are referenced by a letter that coincides with the letter in the list of categories of service providers and third parties that follows soon after this table.
|Disclosed in Last 12 Months To
|Name, alias, date of birth, social security number.
|A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I
Duration of our relationship with you plus 4 years.
If you are a job applicant and are hired by the Firm, then your name, SSN, DOB will be retained permanently, and the rest will be retained for duration of employment plus 6 years. If you are not hired, this data will be retained for 4 years from when the position is filled or the date we received your information, whichever is longer.
Home, postal or mailing address, email address, home phone number, cell phone number.
A, B, C, D, E, F, G H, I
Duration of our relationship with you plus 4 years.
If you are a job applicant and are hired by the Firm, this will be retained permanently. If you are not hired, this data will be retained for 4 years from when the position is filled or the date we received your information, whichever is longer.
Commercial Transactional Data
Information regarding products or services provided, purchasing or billing history.
A, C, D, E, F
|4 years after transaction, unless necessary to maintain for a longer period for legal compliance.
Internet Network and Computer Activity
|Date and time of your visit to this website; webpages visited; links clicked on the website; browser ID; browser type; device ID; operating system; form information downloaded; domain name from which our site was accessed; search history; and cookies; internet or other electronic network activity information related to usage of DWK networks or shared drives, as well as Firm-owned computers including system and file access logs, browsing history, search history, and usage history.
D, F, G, I
|IP address and/or GPS location, latitude & longitude.
Visual, Audio or Video Recordings
|Your image or pictures of you taken on our premises or at our events or that you share with us; audio recordings of calls and virtual meetings as disclosed to you at the time of the call.
The duration of our relationship with you plus 4 years.
|Information gathered on independent contractors as part of background screening and reference checks; and information gathered on independent contractors and job applicants, including information recorded in job interview notes by persons conducting job interviews for the Firm, information in work product samples you provided, and voluntary disclosures by you.
If hired, this data will be retained for the duration of employment plus 6 years or the contract term plus 4 years. If not hired, it will be retained for 4 years from when the position is filled or the date we received your information, whichever is longer.
Employment and Education History
|Information contained in your resume regarding educational history, information in transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications obtained, and information regarding prior job experience, positions held, when permitted by applicable law your salary expectations, and voluntary disclosure by you.
|If hired, this data will be retained for the duration of employment plus 6 years or the contract term plus 4 years. If not hired, it will be retained for 4 years from when the position is filled or the date we received your information, whichever is longer.
Professional Related Information
|Information on independent contractors contained in tax forms/1099 forms, safety records, licensing and certification records, and performance records, and information related to services provided by independent contractors, including in statements of work.
Duration of our relationship with you plus 4 years.
Facility & Systems Access Information
|Information identifying you, if you accessed our secure facilities and equipment, and at what times, using keys, badges, fobs, login credentials, or other security access methods.
Medical and Health Information
Information related to symptoms, exposure, contact tracing, diagnosis, testing, or vaccination for infectious diseases (e.g., COVID-19), pandemics, or other public health emergency.
Job Applicants: If hired, this data will be retained for the duration of employment plus 6 years.
If not hired, it will be retained for 4 years from when the position is filled or the date we received your information, whichever is longer.
Based on analysis of your activity on the website, we may develop inferences regarding interests.
For job applicants, based on analysis of the personal information collected, we may develop inferences regarding job applicants’ predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes for purposes of recruiting and hiring assessments and decisions.
C, D, F, H
Duration of our relationship with you plus 4 years.
Job Applicants: If hired, this data will be retained for the duration of employment plus 6 years. If not hired, it will be retained for 4 years from when the position is filled or the date we received your information, whichever is longer.
Of the above categories of personal information, the following are categories of sensitive personal information the Firm may collect from or about consumers, independent contractors, or applicants:
- Personal Identifiers (social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number)
- Account Information (your Firm account log-in, in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to the account)
- Geolocation Data (IP address and/or GPS location, latitude & longitude)
- Medical and Health Information
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Information that a business has a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public by the consumer, independent contractor, or applicant, or from widely distributed media.
- Information made available by a person to whom the consumer, independent contractor, or applicant has disclosed the information if the consumer, independent contractor, or applicant has not restricted the information to a specific audience.
- Deidentified or aggregated information.
We may collect your personal information from the following sources:
- You the client, consumer, independent contractor, or job applicant, when you visit the website and voluntarily submit information through forms on the website or social media, when you visit any of our physical locations or attend events, when you purchase or inquire about any of our products or services, or when you enter into a contract to perform services for us.
- Our employees and contractors, when you interact with them
- Our clients and visitors when you interact with them or when they observe you
- We utilize cookies to automatically collect information about our website visitors
- Surveillance cameras at our physical locations
- Lead generators and referral sources
- Social media platforms
- Firm networks, software applications, and shared drives you log into or use
- Interacting with our website, or otherwise interacting with us in any other capacity, including from vendors the Firm engages to manage or host such systems, networks, applications or databases
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of service providers, contractors, or third parties:
- A. Lead providers
- B. Government agencies
- C. Promotional or other fulfilment vendors
- D. Marketing support vendors and vendors that support managing or hosting the website
- E. Transaction support vendors (e.g., payment processors)
- F. Data analytics vendors
- G. Security and risk management vendors
- H. The Firm’s clients (where lawful to do so for purposes of providing legal services to our clients, and without disclosing any privileged information)
- I. Software and cloud service providers
We may collect your personal information for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information.
- To process, complete, and maintain records on transactions.
- To schedule, manage and keep track of client event registrations.
- To maintain records of when customers decline a service or sale.
- To respond to consumer inquiries, including requests for information, customer support online, phone calls, and in-office inquiries.
- To provide interest-based and targeted advertising.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, mail, SMS, or other equivalent forms of communication regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, services, or other information you requested or asked the Firm to provide to you.
- To improve user experience on our website.
- To understand the demographics of our website visitors.
- To detect security incidents.
- To debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website.
- To protect against malicious or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible.
- To verify and respond to consumer requests.
- To prevent identity theft.
- Job applicant purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to apply for a job with the Firm, we will use that personal information in connection with your candidacy for employment.
- To comply with local, state, and federal law and regulations requiring employers to maintain certain records, as well as local, state, and federal law, regulations, ordinances, guidelines, and orders relating to infectious diseases, pandemics, outbreaks, and public health emergencies, including applicable reporting requirements.
- To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment.
- To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
- To keep your application on file even if you did not get the job applied for, in case there is another position for which we want to consider you as a candidate even if you do not formally apply.
- To evaluate and improve our recruiting methods and strategies.
- To reduce the risk of spreading infectious diseases in or through the workplace.
16. Independent contractor purposes:
a. To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information.
b. To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring businesses to maintain certain records (accident or safety records, and tax records/1099 forms).
c. To engage the services of independent contractors and compensate them for services.
d. To evaluate, make, and communicate decisions regarding an independent contractor, including decisions to hire and/or terminate.
e. To grant independent contractors access to secure Firm facilities and equipment and maintain information on who accessed such facilities and equipment, and what they did therein or thereon.
f. To evaluate, assess, and manage the Firm’s business relationship with vendors, service providers, and contractors that provide services to the Firm.
g. To reduce the risk of spreading infectious diseases in or through the workplace.
We may disclose your personal information for any one or more of the business purposes identified above.
We do NOT and will not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
We do not and will not use or disclose your sensitive personal information for purposes other than the following:
- To perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services.
- To detect security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information.
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the business and to prosecute those responsible for those actions.
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons.
- For short-term, transient use.
- To perform services on behalf of the Firm.
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product, service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the Firm, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by the Firm.
- For purposes that do not involve inferring characteristics about the consumers, contractors, and applicants.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain each category of personal information in accordance with our established data retention schedule as indicated above. In deciding how long to retain each category of personal information that we collect, we consider many criteria, including, but not limited to: the business purposes for which the personal information was collected; relevant federal, state and local recordkeeping laws; applicable statutes of limitations for claims to which the information may be relevant; and legal preservation of evidence obligations.
We apply our data retention procedures on an annual basis to determine if the business purposes for collecting the personal information, and legal reasons for retaining the personal information, have both expired. If so, we will purge the information in a secure manner.
We may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering email services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited email messages from vendors working on our behalf.
In the event we sell or transfer a particular portion of its business assets, information of consumers, contractors and applicants may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of our assets are acquired, information of consumers, contractors and applicants may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
Compliance with Law and Safety
We may disclose specific personal and/or sensitive personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect our employees or the public.
- Provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features
- Authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts
- Compile data about website traffic and how users use the website to offer a better website experience
- Track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you, including advertising by third parties on our website
The personal data record created through your registration with our website can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
Children Under the Age of 16
We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
How We Protect the Information that We Collect
The protection of the information that we collect about visitors to this website is of the utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that protection, including:
- We keep automatically collected data and voluntarily collected data separate at all times.
- We use internal encryption on all data stores that house voluntarily captured data.
- We use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to private information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us.
We do not target, market to, or offer our products or services to consumers outside of the United States. You agree not to submit your personally identifiable information through the website if you reside outside the United States.
Rights Under the CCPA and CPRA
- Right to Know. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected about you going back to January 1, 2022, unless doing so would be impossible or involve disproportionate effort, or unless you request a specific time period, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing this information, (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information;
- Right to Access. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you going back to January 1, 2022, unless doing so would be impossible or involve disproportionate effort, or unless you request a specific time period;
- Right to Delete. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- Right to Correct. The right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information (to the extent such an inaccuracy exists) that we maintain about you;
- The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf. See below for how you can designate an authorized agent; and
- The right to not be discriminated or retaliated against for exercising any of the above rights, including an applicant’s and independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for exercising the above rights.
You can submit any of the above types of consumer requests through any of the 2 options below:
- Submit an online request by clicking here to complete our California Consumer Privacy Act Request Form.
- Call our privacy toll-free line at 1-877-201-0540.
How We Will Verify That it is Really You Submitting the Request
If you are a California resident, when you submit a Right to Know, Right to Access, Right to Delete, or Right to Correct request through one of the methods provided above, we will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Specifically, we will ask you to verify information that can be used to link your identity to particular records in our possession, which depends on the nature of your relationship and interaction with us. For example, we may need you to provide your name, email, phone number, IP address, browser ID, amount of your last purchase with the business, and/or date of your last transaction with the business.
Responding to Your Right to Know, Right to Access, Right to Delete, and Right to Correct Requests
Upon receiving a verifiable request from a California resident, we will confirm receipt of the request no later than 10 business days after receiving it. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 calendar days, or 90 calendar days total from the date we receive your request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
For a request to correct inaccurate personal information, we will accept, review, and consider any documentation that you provide, and we may require that you provide documentation to rebut our own documentation that the personal information is accurate. You should make a good-faith effort to provide us with all necessarily information at the time that you make the request to correct. We may deny a request to correct if we have a good-faith, reasonable, and documented belief that a request to correct is fraudulent or abusive. If we deny your request to correct, we shall inform you of our decision not to comply and provide an explanation as to why we believe the request is fraudulent.
If You Have an Authorized Agent
If you are a California resident, you can authorize someone else as an authorized agent who can submit a request on your behalf. To do so, you must either (a) execute a valid, verifiable, and notarized power of attorney or (b) provide other written, signed authorization that we can then verify. When we receive a request submitted on your behalf by an authorized agent who does not have a power of attorney, that person will be asked to provide written proof that they have your permission to act on your behalf, and we will also contact you and ask you for information to verify your own identity directly with us and not through your authorized agent. We may deny a request from an authorized agent if the agent does not provide your signed permission demonstrating that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Other California Privacy Rights
The California Civil Code permits California Residents with whom we have an established business relationship to request that we provide you with a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email DataSecurity@dwkesq.com, or write to us at the address listed below. Please mention that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Consent to Terms and Conditions
Consumers With Disabilities
This policy is in a form that is accessible to consumers with disabilities.
Questions About the Policy
*This policy was last updated December 20, 2023.