Dannis Woliver Kelley has unparalleled breadth and depth of resources necessary to advise and represent clients throughout the school construction process. We work with our clients to set clear objectives and then develop an aggressive strategy to reach those goals as a team. Our firm’s ability to deliver quality and value is one of the reasons DWK is known throughout the state as a leader in all aspects of public construction law. We keep up to date on statutory and regulatory changes impacting school construction, including advising clients on the ever-shifting ground of alternative project delivery.
Documents and procurement:
- Preparing and reviewing construction contract bid packages, alternative delivery method contracts, and front-end documents
- Pre-qualifying and resolving bid protests and requests for substitution
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements with design professionals, project inspectors, construction managers, and other consultants
- Enforcing contractor performance and compliance with public contract requirements
- Resolving stop payment notice claims
- Providing assistance through the enforcement phase of labor compliance
- Terminating contractors, architects or construction managers when the circumstances are warranted
- Obtaining project completion by the surety when available
Claims and litigation:
We regularly negotiate, mediate, and litigate claims by contractors for extra work, design defects, delay, unforeseen site conditions, and other claims. We also represent clients in pursuing claims over against architects, program/construction managers, and other consultants where warranted, as well as defending against claims by consultants. Our complex construction litigation experience is extensive, and we have developed the premier school and college construction mediation practice in the state.