On August 14, 2020, US Department of Education’s new Title IX regulations went into effect, creating major changes to how local educational agencies must address sexual harassment complaints. The regulations changed how agencies receiving federal funding must support, investigate, make determinations of responsibility, process appeals, and provide parties with supportive measures and informal resolution throughout the Title IX process. This training will equip Title IX Coordinators and all members of their Title IX teams with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement and handle Title IX complaints from start to finish and bring members into compliance with the regulations. Participants will have an opportunity to apply the new information through interactive case studies and ask questions of DWK’s Title IX experts. For a flat rate, an unlimited number of individuals from your district can participate in the training, so we encourage anyone who may take part in the Title IX process to attend.
Hot Topics We Will Cover:
- How to identify conduct that may trigger obligations to act;
- New definition of sexual harassment;
- When you can and must offer supportive measures to the parties;
- How to give required notice and allow to parties to have an advisor present in the process;
- What allegations you must dismiss for Title IX purposes and next steps after the dismissal;
- Record keeping requirements;
- Roles and responsibilities in the formal grievance process (Title IX Coordinator, decision-maker, investigator);
- How to conduct a compliant investigation and implement the new requirement of a two-step evidentiary inspection process;
- Writing an effective fact-finding report;
- Determining responsibility and requirements for the decision-maker’s written decision;
- Steps necessary in an internal, Title IX appeals process; and
- Techniques for minimizing bias and ensuring an impartial Title IX process from start to finish.
Every attendee will be provided a training manual after the session.
Cost and Billing:
$495/entity or district
Upon registration, you will receive an invoice. Payment should be received before the training session. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit PayPal.