Join us for DWK’s upcoming 2021 Brown Act Survival Training and learn from experienced DWK attorneys, including current and former governing board members, on how to tackle the most challenging aspects of the Brown Act and changes coming in 2021. This three-hour training seminar will focus on practical approaches to the real-world issues facing board members and district staff.
Designed as a supplement to and “a step beyond” basic Brown Act trainings, the seminar will include sessions covering:
- Conducting compliant and productive virtual meetings.
- Best practices for managing public comment.
- Limitations on the board’s use of social media and other new laws for 2021.
- Building meeting agendas and agenda items that avoid Brown Act complaints.
- Proper closed session items, procedures, and reporting out.
This Brown Act training is designed specifically for:
- Board members
- Superintendents or Chancellors
- Assistant Superintendents, Vice Chancellors, and cabinet members
- Directors and other senior staff who interact with the board
- Executive assistants and others who help build the board agenda
Register now to reserve your district’s spot for this event!
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|9:10 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.|
VIRTUAL MEETINGS & PUBLIC COMMENTS: TIPS & TRAPS
|9:55 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.|
NEW RULES FOR SOCIAL MEDIA & BEYOND IN 2021
|10:45-11:30 a.m. – Deep Dive Sessions (Choose 1)|
BUILDING THE AGENDA – BROWN ACT FOR DISTRICT STAFF
OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT – BEST PRACTICES FOR CLOSED SESSION
FROM NEGOTIATIONS TO COMPLAINTS – APPLICATION OF BROWN ACT TO LABOR & PERSONNEL
STUDENT PRIVACY AT PUBLIC MEETINGS – HANDLING STUDENT MATTERS
|11:30 a.m. – Brown Act AMA (“Ask Me Anything”)|
Panelists will address questions provided in advance by attendees or report out from Deep Dive Sessions
DWK Cost and Billing:
Your $300 registration fee includes attendance for up to 10 district officials or employees, as well as an electronic copy of the newly updated 2021 DWK Brown Act Manual.
Payment should be received before the training session. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please complete the PayPal form below. You will be redirected to Zoom registration when the payment is complete. If you’d like to receive an invoice and pay by check, skip to the “Register Now!” button below. Upon registration, you will receive an invoice.
DWK is also proud to offer Brown Act and governance trainings tailored for individual boards. If you are interested in such a training, please contact Emily McPeters at clientservices@nullDWKesq.com.