San Francisco, Sacramento, Long Beach or San Diego
Business, Property & Construction Attorney
Mid-sized and growing education law firm with statewide practice representing school and community college districts seeks an attorney for its Business, Property and Construction Practice Group. Qualified candidates will have 7 plus years of construction and property law experience in both transactional and litigation matters, including the following qualifications:
- Property law experience, including drafting and negotiating leases
- Public procurement/contract negotiation experience, including construction-related contracts
- Dispute resolution experience required, including mediations, arbitrations, and trials
- Flexibility, initiative, and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters arising in representing public entities
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail, as well as the ability to work independently
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Admission to the CA State Bar
- Public works experience is desired
- School district representation is preferred
To apply, please send a resume and writing sample (e.g., a brief, memorandum, or letter writing sample is preferred) to: Jill Nefkens, Dannis Woliver Kelley, 115 Pine Avenue, Suite 500, Long Beach, CA 90802 or AttorneyRecruiting@nullDWKesq.com.
Mid-sized and growing education law firm with statewide practice representing public school and community college districts seeks employment attorney with litigation experience to join its San Francisco office team. Must have excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
Qualified candidates should have at least three to five years of experience required, in some or all of the following areas:
- Labor and employment (negotiations experience a plus)
- Administrative law practice
- Public entity representation (preferred)
- School District representation (a plus)
Please send resume and writing sample (e.g., a brief, memorandum, or letter writing sample is preferred) to: Dannis Woliver Kelley, 115 Pine Avenue, Suite 500, Long Beach, CA 90802 or AttorneyRecruiting@nullDWKesq.com.
Mid-sized and growing education law firm with statewide practice representing school and community college districts seeks a top-notch legal secretary candidate with 3+ years of litigation and transactional experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare documents including correspondence, memoranda and legal documents; compose and draft routine cover letters and shell documents
- Prepare and process court and administrative agency filings
- Maintain calendars for assigned attorneys, maintain client and administrative files
- Provide administrative support
- Detail-oriented, proactive, organized and have excellent follow through skills
- Able to work under pressure while managing multiple deadlines/priorities
- Accuracy, speed and professionalism a must
- Specialized secretarial degree, associate and/or bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint) and various legal software applications (including Compulaw); experience working with a document management system; and E-filing experience
- Must be able to coordinate complex scheduling for multiple individuals
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Experience in education law experience a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to: Dannis Woliver Kelley, 115 Pine Avenue, Suite 500, Long Beach, CA 90802 or StaffRecruiting@nullDWKesq.com.
San Francisco or Sacramento
Mid-sized and growing education law firm with statewide practice representing public school and community college districts seeks Marketing Coordinator candidate, preferably in its San Francisco or Sacramento office (other DWK office locations may be considered).
Attention to detail, the ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment is required. This individual will be an integral member of the Marketing team. Qualified candidates should have two to three years of marketing/professional services, law firm experience preferred. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with coordination of logistics for firm-sponsored events, including trade shows, training workshops, seminars, webinars, receptions and conferences.
- Assist with maintaining and updating firm’s CRM database. Develop appropriate mailing and/or invitation lists, distribute event associated mailings and track RSVPs.
- Oversee inventory of brochures, reprints and other marketing collateral materials.
- Assist with drafting and preparing e-communication marketing campaigns and analytics reporting.
- Facilitate and coordinate sponsorship/membership opportunities (i.e., tracking and vetting opportunities, arranging for payment, monitoring deadlines for ad production, logos, coordinating booth and marketing collateral materials etc.).
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of pitches, proposals and RFP responses.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while remaining flexible to new situations as they arise.
- Strong technical skills, including solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat a must.
- InDesign, Photoshop, lllustrator, HTML, web editing (Word Press) and e-campaign software experience a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime as necessary (including infrequent weekends). Some travel required.
Please send resume to: Dannis Woliver Kelley, 115 Pine Avenue, Suite 500, Long Beach, CA 90802 or StaffRecruiting@nullDWKesq.com.