William B. Tunick - Special Counsel
William B. Tunick is Special Counsel in the firm’s San Francisco office where he represents school districts before all levels of state and federal courts. Focusing on appellate litigation, William has represented clients on issues ranging from special education to charter school renewal to school district taxing authority.
In addition to his litigation practice, William advises clients on a variety of governance and business matters. Leveraging his prior experience representing non-profit organizations, candidates, and elected officials on issues involving elections and First Amendment protections for political speech, William advises clients on a variety of governance and elections issues. He specializes in conflicts of interest and compliance with the California Political Reform Act. William has also guided school districts through development and implementation of parcel taxes and has particular experience with the California Voting Rights Act and the school district reorganization process.
- University of California, San Diego (B.A.)
- University of California, Davis, School of Law (J.D.)
- Board Ethics, Transparency and Accountability (BETA)
- Business, Property and Finance
- Charter Schools
- Independent Schools and Nonprofit Corporations
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Memberships & Associations
- California Political Attorneys Association