William B. Tunick - Shareholder
William B. Tunick is a Shareholder in the firm’s San Francisco office where he represents school districts before all levels of state and federal courts. Focusing on appellate litigation, William has represented clients on issues ranging from conflicts of interest in agency contracts to special education to school district taxing authority.
In addition to his litigation practice, William advises clients on a variety of governance and business matters. He specializes in counseling on potential conflicts of interest regarding board and agency decisions involving procurement of goods and services, providing training to governing boards and staff members on avoiding potential conflicts when contracting. Leveraging his prior experience representing non-profit organizations, candidates, and elected officials on issues involving elections and First Amendment protections for political speech, William advises clients on a variety of governance and elections issues. He has also guided school districts through development and implementation of parcel taxes and has particular experience with the California Voting Rights Act and the school district reorganization process.
- University of California, San Diego (B.A.)
- University of California, Davis, School of Law (J.D.)
- Board Ethics, Transparency and Accountability (BETA)
- Business, Property and Finance
- Charter Schools
- Independent Schools and Nonprofit Corporations
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Memberships & Associations
- California Political Attorneys Association